Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Red Face Assumptions


Day 9 on this wonderful October day is a perfect day to raise awareness and money for the Leukemia Lymphoma Society!
One of the funny memories from radiation is remembering everything people kept noticing about my appearance without knowing the situation I was going through. I continued working all through chemo and radiation and not many of the gym members knew I was going through cancer treatments because I didn't lose all of my hair to or share my circumstances with them. But as I began to experience the effects of radiation, my face and neck turned red from the radiation burn. As people began to notice my red face, their comments usually varied, but always made me laugh. Some asked if I had just got done working out. Others concluded I must have just gotten back from a warm vacation. But my favorite assumption was that I must have high blood pressure if my face was that red.
If you've ever seen someone with a red face, would you consider donating $5? Because who knows, maybe they weren't red in the face for all the reasons you thought. Maybe they were really fighting through radiation treatments. Your $5 will help people fight and win the battle against Lymphoma.

No comments:

Post a Comment