Friday, October 11, 2013

Checking Up to Check In


Day 11 of Light the Night Campaign. I actually just got done with one of my 6 month check ups! Every 6 months I return to the cancer center. And while I know in my brain that the likelihood of my cancer coming back is very small, my heart still beats a little faster as I walk through those doors. I am careful not to let the "what if" questions cloud my logic. But it is the small amount of anticipation that makes the "all clear" declaration even sweeter! It is the preceding anxiousness that makes me remember to be thankful for where I am. It can be easy to get wrapped up in life and forget about where you came from and all the progress you've made. But the 6 month check ups remind me to check in and be grateful for all that I learned and all that I gained through my cancer journey.

http://pages.lightthenight.org/ia/DesMineL13/ItsGoTime

No comments:

Post a Comment