Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Day 2


For Day 2 of my social media push to raise money for the Leukemia Lymphoma Society I will share a happy memory of my second chemo treatment.
After all the drugs had been intravenously injected and my system was full of chemicals fighting the cancer that grew within me, a nurse went to the refrigerator to retrieve what I thought was yet another medicine. However, when she returned she carried with her a small tackle box full of earrings. She told me the story of how a former patient beat cancer and wanted to pay it forward by making earrings so women could feel beautiful even as they lost their hair. Gazing at the hundreds to choose from, I picked out the perfect pair to suit my style. I was grateful that a stranger had been so thoughtful toward people she would never meet. I still have those earrings today and every time I open my jewelry box and see those black and green dangles, I am reminded to pay it forward.
Would you consider paying it forward today by sharing this link or donating to such an important cause?


http://pages.lightthenight.org/ia/DesMineL13/ItsGoTime

No comments:

Post a Comment