Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Recharged!



For the long holiday weekend, Shane and I traveled home to Iowa for his step-brother's wedding. It was some much needed family time. Here is a picture of us at the wedding. And if anyone out there is wondering - yes, that is my real hair. It hasn't fallen out yet, at least not all of it. It has certainly thinned quite a bit, but considering this is how much hair I had just minutes after I was born,
I think I have some hair to spare. I did get it chopped pretty short though to make it more manageable when it does fall out. You should see my white bathroom floor turn into brown hairy carpet after I am done doing my hair in the mornings. Some would call a transformation of that magnitude a miracle. I just call it more vacuuming.

Anyway, our weekend at home was just what my soul needed. Family, love, and laughter are the best medicine for a heart far from home. Now I am feeling recharged, ready for treatment this week. It's go time!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are feeling recharged! It was so good to see you! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete